Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Course Code: NEVSP031/1TH
- Course Information
- Entry Requirements
- Assessment Information
- Fees & Financial Support
- Dates and Times
This qualification comprises the skills and knowledge required to plan, provide and evaluate sports massage treatments for both sporting and non-sporting clients suffering from a wide range of conditions, such as muscle fatigue, lumbago/non- specific low back pain, and repetitive strain/overuse, non-acute type injuries
Key knowledge and understanding:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Professional practice in sports massage
- The principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments
- Assessment and screening of clients for sports massage treatments
- Formulation of massage strategies in accordance with clients requirements and expectations
- Application of fundamental sports massage techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
What are the entry requirements?
No prior qualifications are required for this qualification, however, learners should:
- be 16+ years old
- be fit enough to perform sports massage
- have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3
How is it assessed?
The YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is regulated by Ofqual, and all of
its content is vocationally related to the roles of a Level 3 Sports Massage Therapist.
It comprises the following units, all of which must all be completed to achieve this qualification:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage (Level 3, 10 credits)
- Principles of health and fitness (Level 2, 3 credits)
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction (Level 3, 3 credits)
- Professional practice in sports massage (Level 3, 5 credits)
- Sports massage treatments (Level 3, 16 credits)
What financial support is on offer?
A range of financial support is available for adult students to help towards the cost of your fees, equipment, childcare and/or other expenses while studying, depending on your personal circumstances and the course you are studying. For full details please visit www.nulc.ac.uk/finance Courses with a duration over 12 weeks and costing in excess of £150 (including exam fees) can be paid for in instalments over the duration of the course or one year (whichever is shorter). While the College can’t guarantee this arrangement in every case, we will do our best to accommodate requests to pay by instalments. In order to pay by instalments you must come into the college, we cannot take payment online.
What can I do next?
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as either an employed or self-employed sports massage therapist within organisations/facilities such as sports massage therapy/ osteopathic clinics, and sporting/fitness venues
- Eligibility to register with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) as a massage therapist
- This qualification meets the pre-entry requirements of YMCA Awards Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Day of the week