Higher Education (HE) Courses
Every year, around 400 adults choose to study at Newcastle-under-Lyme College on both full and part-time university-level courses.
Whether you want to study higher education to change your career, boost your prospects futher, or to expand your knowledge with a professional qualification, we've got a course for you.
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) is the largest college provider of higher education in Staffordshire. We can offer you a fantastic choice of courses and facilities and our specialist teaching staff are experts in their fields.
Our easily accessible campuses have had significant financial investment and are home to around 700 students studying at Level 4 and above, all collectively enjoying our fantastic facilites, extensive range of courses and achieving some of the best pass rates and student success levels in the country.
If funding is an issue, we can offer financial support through tuition fee or living cost loans which are available to cover course fees if you are studying a university-level course.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) commented on our good practice in developing students employability skills and the integrated range of student support. Across our campuses we also consistently exceed national benchmarks.
7 reasons to study Higher Education at College
- We've got the know how
- Our facilities are first class
- Our results are fantastic
- We've got a great reputation
- We have smaller class sizes
- It costs less
If you don't have traditional qualifications for university entry then our Access to Higher Education (HE) course could be for you. It's a stepping stone to a degree and can be taken via a number of different pathways including Health, Education, Social Science and Medicine & Healthcare Professions.
If you'd like to request a callback for more information about a particular course please complete the form below:
- NSCG - HE PROSPECTUS 2018-19 (8.92M)
- HE & Adult Course Guide Summer 2017 (11.62M)
- Higher Education Admissions Policy (420.22k)
- Higher Education Enhancement Strategy (511.92k)
- Higher Education Student Charter (396.39k)
- QAA Review (370.85k)
- Assessment, Moderation & Verification Procedure (417.42k)
- Complaints Procedure (160.05k)
- Extenuating Circumstances Policy & Procedure (433.35k)
- Academic Appeals Procedure (384.96k)
- Recognition of Prior Learning Procedure (396.82k)
- Fee Policy (247.86k)
- HE Support Document (592.42k)
- Higher Education Access Statement (320.8k)
It's been hard juggling my studies with my athletics career and a part-time job but it's been worth it. I ran for England in 2015 and 2016, I won the Colleges Championships and qualified for the championships for 3 years in a row, I've been put forward to be captain for the West Midlands and I've achieved high grades in my studies.
Lucy Holt, 20, HND Sports (Coaching and Sports Development)