The College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. All reasonable adjustments to provision will be made to ensure that disabled students and other disabled people, are not disadvantaged.
For more information please see our Equality and Diversity section.
Specialist equipment, facilities and access
Depending on your needs, the College provides a range of assisted technology and specialist equipment, including:
- Software to support students with dyslexia
- Dictaphones and electronic voice recorders
- Laptop computers
- Text in different formats such as Braille, large text, or on tape or disk
- Magnification software/equipment
- Super Nova software
- Radio aids
- Digital photography
- Dedicated disabled parking facilities
- Accessible toilets and bathroom
We have induction loops at all reception points, Learning Resource Centres, the Conference Room and Auditorium. We also have a portable loop system communicator for hearing impaired students, available for classrooms.
Accessing College buildings
All the main college buildings are accessible to students with mobility difficulties.