Skip to main content


How do I apply?

Visit our Apply page for details of how to apply for the course(s) you are interested in.

Will I have to pay for my course?

If you are aged 16-18 on 31st August in the academic year your course starts you don't have to pay anything towards the cost of your course.

If you are aged between 19-23 and studying your first full-time Level 3 programme your course will be completely free.

If you are aged 19+ and studying at Level 3 or above an Advanced Learning Loan is available to pay your course fees.  For more information see our Advanced Learning Loans page.

If you are studying a university course there are two types of loans to help new students cover the costs of their higher education course in college: tuition fee loans and living cost loans (also called maintenance loans). You pay these loans back when you finish your course and earn over £21,000.  For more information see our Financial Support for University Students page.

If you do not hold GCSE maths or English at grade C or above you can study maths & English completely free. 

Many of our courses are also FREE to our adult students who are aged 19 or over and claiming benefits. There is also financial help available for people who don’t qualify for a free course, but who are on a low income. View our Financial Support section for more details

I want to do a degree but don't have the right qualifications - can the College help?

Our Access to Higher Education course could be right for you.

I am thinking of doing a course but how do I know it's the right one?

If you want further information, advice or guidance before enrolling on a course, please contact us for free Careers Advice.

If you don't offer the course I want, can you tell me where I can study it?

Speak to a member of our Information Point staff to discuss your career pathway and the relevant subjects that you can study.  Please contact 01782 254254 or email us.

What does the course fee cover?

The tuition fee covers the fee for this year of the course - it is based upon the amount of time you need to study during this year. The exam fee is the fee you have to pay in order to get your qualification from the exam board. We also show the materials fees for your course. At enrolment we can tell you what this fee includes, and when you need to pay it.

How can I pay?

For courses that are self financing we accept cash, cheques and most major debit/credit cards are accepted. For some courses you may be able to enrol online using your debit/credit card - this will be clearly indicated using our course search.  

You may be eligible for a loan to cover the cost of your course.  Please visit our Financial Support pages for more information.

Can I pay in instalments?

Yes, in some circumstances fees may be paid in three instalments if the course fee is over £150. We can discuss this with you at enrolment.

Which courses can I do for free?

This generally depends on several factors, for example your level of education achieved to date, whether you are receiving any means-tested benefits, and whether you are in employment or not. All of our adult literacy and numeracy courses are free. For further advice and guidance please contact us or view our Fee Remission table.

Where are you?

Our campus is located on Knutton Lane, just a 10 minute walk from Newcastle town centre. Get directions and view our location on a map.

Can I get help with childcare?

We can provide financial assistance with childcare in some circumstances. View our Financial Support section for more details.

Can I come to look around the College?

To get a feel for the college visit us at our next Open Event.  Alternatively you can arrange to come to college by appointment.  Please call us on 01782 254254 to arrange a convenient time.

Where can I park?

We have a large free student car park which is accessed from Ashfields New Road. Barrier-controlled visitor car parking is accessed off Knutton Lane.

How do I make a complaint?

The College is committed to providing an outstanding service to all its users. Most people coming to the College enjoy college life and do not experience any problems. However, sometimes things can go wrong. The College needs to know about these occasions and act upon them. The College has a complaints procedure to give clear guidance on how complaints are made and dealt with. View our complaints procedure policy here.

Where do I request paper copies?

You can request paper copies of any of the policies or downloads on our website.  This service is free of charge.  Please email 


News & Events Sign Up

Sign up to receive our latest new and information on forthcoming events. Please tell us a bit about yourself so that we can ensure everything we send you is relevant to your interests.



To request a member of staff to call you please fill in the form below: