The Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group Corporation is the College's governing body. It was officially formed on 1 November 2016. This comprises of 16 members with representation from local businesses, local councils and community groups. There are also staff and student members.
The Corporation represents the particular interests of the local community and public interest in general. It oversees the way the College is run, making sure it meets the needs of the local community, school leavers and employers.
It ensures the highest professional and ethical standards as well as the effective use of resources. Governors are responsible for the financial solvency of the institution, for the proper use of public funds, for sound management and the quality of education, training and business service provided.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the governing body are to:
- Determine the educational character and strategic aims of the College and ensure that there are effective means of monitoring whether College management is fulfilling the mission
- Ensure the solvency of the College and the safeguarding of its assets
- Approve annual estimates of income and expenditure
- Oversee the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal, and the determination of pay and conditions of senior post holders and the Clerk to the Corporation
- Set a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff
- Set and monitor targets for the retention and achievement of students
- Monitor its own performance.
New members are, in the first instance, invited to join one of the corporation's committees and if appropriate, may be invited to join the full corporation when vacancies arise.
To find out more, please contact John Prescott, Clerk to the Corporation on: 01782 254275 or email: email@example.com