Join the success story
The Group's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) among the top 5% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
The latest Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) national achievement rate tables, published on Thursday 22 March on the gov.uk website for the academic 2016-2017 year shows that NSCG's achievement rate for 16-18 year old full-time learners during the last academic year stood at 88.9%, placing the Group in the top spot in Staffordshire and South Cheshire and in the top 5% of Colleges nationally. Achievement rates are a measure of how many students completed and passed the course they studied. To compare us to other local FE providers please click here.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with over 800 students progressing to over 100 different universities last year. This is just one of the reasons why we’re the college of first choice locally.
During our last Ofsted we were rated good with many outstanding areas. The full report can be found in the downloads section at the bottom of this page.
A Level Results 2018
In 2018, more than 1100 A Level entries were made in more than 33 subjects.
- Almost 98% pass rate
- 435 A Level entries achieved high grades A*- B with 757 achieving A* - C
Exceptionally strong performing subject areas include:
- Further Maths where 83% of students achieved A*- B grades
- Media Studies where 79% of students achieved A*- B grades
- Film studies where 74% of students achieved A*- B grades
- Photography where 68% of students achieved A*- B grades
- Spanish where 57% of students achieved A* - B grades
- Business studies where 54% of students achieved A*- B grades
- Graphic Design where 53% of students achieved A* - B grades
- Geography where 50% of students achieved A*- B grades
Vocational Results 2018
Our 2018 Vocational results are pretty impressive too - 946 entries made with a pass rate of 100%.
- Best ever BTEC Extended Diploma results across 26 subject areas –
- 81% of students achieving high grades
- 55% awarded the highest possible grade of Distinction* (D*)
- 33.5% achieving the highest possible grade combination of D*D*D*
Consistently high performing subject areas include:
- 82% of students studying Health and Social Care achieved at least one D* grade
- 76% of students studying Business Studies achieved at least one D* grade
- 67% of students studying Applied Science achieved at least one D* grade
- 65% of students studying Sport & Exercise achieved at least one D* grade
Apprenticeship Results 2017
Consistently strong apprenticeship performance, 9% ahead of the national average with NSCG's achievement rates in the top 20% of General Further Education Colleges in England. We currently work with more than 850 employers, supporting more than 1500 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".