Join the success story
The College's success rates on AS/A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle-under-Lyme College among the top 10% of further education colleges in the country.
At Newcastle-under-Lyme College, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
We’re already the best performing college in Staffordshire and the latest DfE tables (January 2016) show that 99.2% of NULC students achieved three or more A Level passes.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. At NULC more than 850 students go on to higher education each year at more than 92 different universities - just one of the reasons why we’re the first choice of college locally.
A Level Results 2016
In 2016, more than 2,700 A and AS Level entries were made in more than 30 subjects.
- 98.6% of students who sat exams passed
- 151 A* and A grades awarded
- Two-thirds of all A Level subjects enjoyed a 100% pass rates. They were accounting, business studies, dance, English language, English language/literature, film studies, French, further mathematics, geography, German, government and politics, graphic design, history, ICT, computing, media studies, music, music technology, physical education, product design, Spanish, textiles, theatre studies and maths.
- 70% of film studies grades awarded were A* - B
- 68.75% of graphic design grades awarded were A* - B
- 62% of photography grades awarded were A* - B
- 100% of German grades awarded were A* - B
- 80% of French grades awarded were A* - B
- 67% of Spanish grades awarded were A* - B
Our 2016 Vocational results are pretty impressive too - with an overall pass rate of 99.5%.
- 100% of Fashion grades were DDD or above
- 88.4% of Health and Social Care grades were DDD or above
- 77.3% of Acting grades were DDD or above
- 76.9% of Sport & Exercise Science grades were DDD or above